- Currently a Trustee on the North Shore Board of Education committed to public education and to providing a rich, meaningful curriculum for all of our students
- Owner and CEO of a successful national catalog company for over 16 years now serving over 100,000 customers
- Co-founder of the nonprofit, volunteer-run SC MAKEshop providing coding, science and engineering opportunities for children in our district (www.scmakeshop.org and fb address)
- Previously a director of fundraising at the public-private partnership Citymeals-on-Wheels where she was responsible for raising several million dollars annually through direct response and small dollar donations
- Formerly: Treasurer and fundraiser for Friends of the Sea Cliff Village Library; Webmaster for Sea Cliff Elementary’s parent organization (PCA); Founder of the SC PCA Book Swap; Chair SC PCA Nutrition Committee
- Graduate of Princeton University, A.B. cum laude
- Resident of Sea Cliff for 16 years
- Mother of a 7th grader at North Shore Middle School and a 3rd grader at Sea Cliff Elementary and Former Roslyn Coop parent
As Trustee, Sara has:
- Continuously and consistently advocated for a well-rounded curriculum and educational experience that focuses on creating life-long learners and engaged citizens.
- Co-authored the Board’s Resolution on High Stakes Testing which articulated the North Shore Board of Education’s support of authentic student assessment and effort to limit the impact of government mandated testing on our high performing schools. (http://www.northshoreschools.org/Board_of_Ed/Policies/ResolutionHighStakesTesting.pdf)
- Focused on the well-being of students by serving on the Board’s Wellness and Health & Safety Committees.
- Helped lead the long-term planning that contributes to the fiscal well-being of the District through the Construction Steering Committee.
- Initiated the review of the district’s student data privacy policies.
Budget Vote and Board of Education Election: May 17, 2016